Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Any replacement part number for MC12009?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_lth

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I use MC12009 as divide-by-6 prescaler, but MC12009 is not manufactured any more.
My input is sinwave, 60M, +10dBm, and output should be TTL, +3.3V or +5V. Duty cycle is not strictly requirement.
Who can recommend any replacement for my use? Thanks.

Square up the 60MHz sinewave and then feed it to a 74AC161 div/N (powered at 5V) that is configured to divide by 6.

**broken link removed**

Getting sample parts from Centellax probably won't be easy. Also they won't be cheap and unlikely to be sold in small qty and I would imagine that exporting to China would be a problem.

Centellax have a branch in China.
**broken link removed**

"Listen to many, speak to a few" -- William Shakespeare

Actually, I want use square and then use Hittite HMC394LP4, that is 5-bits counter, and I think it should be more cheap, because HMC394 only cover to 2G, but UXM15P cover 20G.

Another problem is HMC394 output power is low, so I will consider G0HZU suggestion.

Centellax have a branch in China.
**broken link removed**

"Listen to many, speak to a few" -- William Shakespeare

Well they may have a plant there but it doesn't mean you can knock on the door and buy MMICs etc from them.

eg this is in thie terms

12.Export Control: The sale, resale or other disposition of Products and their documentation is subject to export control laws, regulations and orders of the United States and may be subject to the export and/or import control laws and regulations of other countries. Buyer agrees to comply with all such laws, regulations and orders and acknowledges that it shall nor directly or indirectly export any Products to any country to which such export or transmission is restricted or prohibited. Buyer acknowledges its responsibility to obtain any necessary license to export, re-export or import the Products.

That's why I said China might be a problem. I do know that Centellax are (or were) very careful about who sees their die/MMIC products.

At a guess they use China to manufacture their test equipment products at low cost.
**broken link removed**

Is that the same as a shop in China for anyone to buy their MMICs?

Maybe.

That's why I said exporting to China might be a problem.

Besides, I already offered a solution that would work that costs less than $1 and can be bought at thousands of outlets worldwide.

You propose to use an expensive 15GHz microwave divider for use at 0.06GHz?
Yes, a curious suggestion indeed. But to some the bigger the better ;-)

"All that glisters is not gold" William Shakespeare (Merchant of Venice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back