Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

any one know (replacement for Bourns component possibly TVS diode)

hugo00

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I repairing Irrigation controller which using the part from Bourns US company (www.bourns.com), but the problem is : on there site and on the web is NO information at all for the parts which they produse, any one can let me know where I can get the part or some equivalent? be appreciated for any help
I believe the part is TVS diode but the value do not know as picture is TWO different controllers one using (B)635 bfp and another (B)738 bfp [(B) is the logo of Bourns]
Thank you

Attachments

• TVS.jpg
    TVS.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 49
  • power supply.jpg
    power supply.jpg
    759.5 KB · Views: 55
Check https://www.st.com/en/protections-and-emi-filters/sm15t68ca.html.
Table 6 shows marking codes and the numbers are probably a date code, I would guess last digit of manufacturing year and the week number.

Brian.
Hello Brian,
Thank you for reply, I don't think the numbers are year and week the manufacture of the controller is August 2018 and January 2018 Hunter Industries not small company will NOT used the parts old 30-40 years (738, 635) the part will be bidirectional type TVS that what I guessing it is a part of power supply

I was thinking date codes of 2017 week 38 and 2016 week 35.
The device package and the letter code BFP do match the device I mentioned and it's function could be as a voltage clipper.
LTV826 is an optocoupler so a TVS probably wouldn't be the best device to protect it.

Brian.

According to Bourns document, they are using 3-digit and 4-digit numerical date code for diodes, 3-digit as described by betwixt.
Bourns is using marking code 5BFP for 5.0SMDJ36CA, obviously not the same as BFP. It might be also a second source for ST SM15T68CA.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: