Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any one in the mood to discuss C-to-FPGA topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefflieu

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
Just curious about C-to-FPGA. I've used Handel-C for FPGA implementation. It's quite ok i think but it's still not popular after more than 5 years. (I only see Handel-C in schools and scientific papers, not in Jobs Ad. Hehe :D). Should we have C to FPGA" tool? Anyone has experiences with other commercial tool such as C2H of Altera, Catapult of Mentor, or Mitrion-C ...

celoxica can do handle c , which is not realy c to ediff file, which is not even hdl.
so it is realy not c to hdl converter by definition.
also their software is very expensive, even for companies, and they are too small company to give you serious support.
the problem of celoxica is that it realy can't support advanced fpga features from xilinx and altera, thus it limits itself to narrow field.

Celoxica ain't the only company which offers development suite - there also is ImpulseC CoDeveloper, and Mentor's CatapultC, all this at the background of SystemC which is a standart language most synthesis and simulation tools support.

I've used Handel-C since my FYP. I gained nothing from that except FUN. :(. Kind of wondering how effecient the generated code is ...hm ... compared to HDL, hand-coded design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back