Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any Help to choose Image Processor for Audio/Video Camera Recording to an SD Card ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetaByte220

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am planing to do a small portable Audio/Video Camera.

This camera must be able to do these simple functions:
- Recording Audio/Video.
- Store it to SD card.

I would like to have "as simple system as we can", so what kind of solution and image processors do you advice us to use for such simple functions?

Given that, I am familiar with all PIC families and Wolfson sound CODECs, but not that familiar with (Image Processor) "or camera controller" ...

Thanks in advance ...

well interesting idea but first you will have to clarify "as simple system as we can" , what resolution for video have you planned , the bitrate for sound , the bandwidth , fps , type of camera , etc .

Just go through various related help topics , come up with a combination and then ask for any doubts that still persist.

Hope it helped !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and your help dear,

Resolution: QVGA(320x240) or VGA(640x480) will be fine.

Bitrate for sound: 44100 kbps will be fine, and it's not sensitive

fps: 30 fps.

Type of camera: CMOS or CCD

so as I said, the most important thing is to have an audio/video file saved in an SD card, any other details or specifications are not that important :)

Best regards ...

Last edited:

Hi all,
I have done some search in the board and this request is very common but there are not usefull suggestions.
I have the same problem: I would like to acquire videos, and possibly sound, from a video small sensor and microphone, I think that a resolution of 720x576 will do the job, store this in a compressed format in internal flash or SD card formatted with FAT, connect memory to a PC via USB or card reader.
I think the project should be cheap because in commerce do exist similar device sold for something like 20-30 euros but they are not reliable.
We can join forces to solve a problem tommon to many people.

Best regards
Textik

Hi all,
I think this is not the right place for this question. Can the administrator change to microprocessor?

Regards
Textik

Status
Not open for further replies.