Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any good ideas on how this LED Flasher works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minuette

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys! I hope you can help me.

I have a tiny led flasher, and i want to copy the circuit for a project. This is how it operates:

(1) The first time i close the circuit, it starts blinking.

(2) The second time i close the circuit it goes from blinking to a steady light.

(3) The third time a close the circuit it shuts off.

You only need to touch it lightly with a screwdriver or whatever to get it going.

- - -

I have a picture below. It's powered with a standard 3v watch battery.

Any good guess on how it operates is greatly appreciated. Especially what kind of component that little "bump" might

be?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/73934srk66166uw/IMG_0502.JPG?dl=0

Thank you!

Please post images here instead of using dropbox.

It is almost certainly a small microcontroller. They cost almost nothing and with a few lines of code can be made to do all kinds of things. The middle 'zigzag' is two contacts which would be joined by a carbon pad when the switch is pushed, that sends a signal to the micro which sets the place in a sequence of the three conditions you describe. I have something similar that also has two brightness levels, achieved by flashing the LED so fast that the eye perceives it as a steady lower brightness.

Brian.

Thanks for your reply Brian!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back