Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any good books for RFIC in the perspective of CMOS or BiCMOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

glnofategl

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, can anyone recommend a good book on RF CMOS

Razavi's RF Microeletronics is Reeeeaaly a good one but it seems it presumes that readers have a firm grasp of CMOS device fundamentals e.g. when talking about the gain of a common-gate circuit it just say it is 1+GmRo; never explain where it come from nor what it means by Gm and Ro.

So I think I need another book about MOS physics to fill this gap. I think "Semiconductor Devices: Physics and Technology" can be an option, though not focusing on RF. And it is too detailed and lengthy.
The Design of CMOS Radio-Frequency Integrated Circuits (Tomas Lee) has a chapter about MOS physics, do you think that is detailed enough?

Or, maybe I should get Design of Analog CMOS Integrated Circuits (Behzad Razavi) instead?

Thx

Bowen

Jacob Baker's CMOS book is good enough for a beginner who would strengthen his knowledge.

Well... If you need some book related to the transistor physics itself... I'm reading Donald A. Neamen's book "Semiconductor Physics and Devices Basic Principles, third edition". It tells you the reason why a transistor will work, and also introduces the basics about diode, BJT, MOSFET, JFET, and heterojuction transistors( HEMT and HBT ) in physics level...

I think you should read "Design of Analog CMOS Integrated Circuits"( also a Razavi's book ) before reading the Razavi's "RF Microeletronics". Although it's a book about ( Low Frequency ) Analog IC, but I think it can answer the question about "1+GmRo"

And there also exists a book "Practical MMIC Design"( Steve Marsh ), it is quite good except for it's mostly based on GaAs

Many thx. I downloaded the books mentioned above and decided to just print the part for MOS physics. For a couple pages it already answers my questions then allow me to go back to RF Microelecs.
And I actually found another book "Fundamentals of Microelectronics by Behzad Razavi" also a good presentation of what I am lack of.
It seems Razavi authored books always get good comments~

If you need deeper knowledge about CMOS transistors, you can read " Operating and Modeling of the MOS Transistors" ,Yannis Tsividis.
It's the most detailed book about CMOS transistors under the sun..
For Solid State Physics " Physics of Semiconductor Devices" S.M.Sze,Kwok.K.Ng.

hi guys
can u give me the link to download the e- books about RF?

And I actually found another book "Fundamentals of Microelectronics by Behzad Razavi" also a good presentation of what I am lack of.
It seems Razavi authored books always get good comments~
Yes. This book really teaches you to think intuitively. Although it does not treat second order and bulk voltage effects in details, its still a great book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back