Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

any expert on GSM modems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billano786

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is any one on board expert in desinging GSM modems?

Any one tell me why can i buy the less expensive GSM modem to plug-in on my board?
Thanks

You could buy from siemen or motorola or wavecom. I have use wavecom before and they recently intoduce wismo3 which is quite cheap.
To design yr own module is possible but the type approval itself is going to very costly. Even the above module do not have approval..
Another solution is to use a readily available handphone and use it as a modem. It is already type approved and come with free battery and charger. Price wise, they are about the same price.

Thanks
:lol:

You could buy from siemen or motorola or wavecom. I have use wavecom before and they recently intoduce wismo3 which is quite cheap.
To design yr own module is possible but the type approval itself is going to very costly. Even the above module do not have approval..
Another solution is to use a readily available handphone and use it as a modem. It is already type approved and come with free battery and charger. Price wise, they are about the same price.

Thanks
:lol:

I am not worried about getting approval. I want help a of a professional guy on consultancy basis.

well, i'm just working in emmbedded GSM modems.

Feel free to ask, and i will response you ( if i can :) )

Do any body have Wavecom GSM/GPRS Quick 2403 module interface schematic with microcontroller and with PSTN line. Please share it with us. I am urgent in need of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back