Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any Agilent E6601A Communications Tester users out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

campylobacterchicken

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I wonder if there are any users of the Agilent E6601A Communications Tester out there who might be able to provide me with some information?

I was offered a really inexpensive E6601A tester which comes with several applications including the E6890A General Purpose Application. I would like to use the device as generic RF synthesizer and simple Spectrum Analyzer over the whole frequency band (380-2200MHz), and wonder if this is possible.

I'd also like to know how the Spectrum Analyzer functionality in the E6601A compares with the E5515C (aka 8960 Series 10) tester's Spectrum Monitor. Where are the limits (i.e. RBW, span)?

How good is the integrated RF synthesizer?

I tried to find the answers on the net and on the Keysight homepage but it seems the documentation for the E6601A available there is particularly poor (I just found some very basic online help for the E6890A application but it's very superficial and doesn't give much information away).

Of course I know that the E6601A is made as mobile comms tester, and that other devices would be better suited for what I want to do. But I can't get other devices for a similar low price.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back