Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any 8-bit mcu from TI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maniac84

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

Like the title of this topic, is TI producing any 8-bit mcu now? I can't find any info on it. All I can find is the TMS370 but is had obsolete.

The TMS370 was the last 8-Bit microcontroller from TI to my knowledge. Maybe it is better to use the MSP430, because it can operate on bytes/words and is ultra low power.

Enjoy your design work!

why 8-Bit microcontroller ? price?In fact ,MSP430 and lm3s micros are easy to develop and not so dear!

TI’s MSP430 portfolio offers a great solution for the 8-bit market. Check out the MSP430 MCU Value Line, which offers 16-bit MCU performance at an 8-bit price point. The devices start at just 25 cents in volume, and there are several options to choose from. You can find out more information at **broken link removed** – Jerome, MSP430 product marketing, TI

Status
Not open for further replies.