Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antivirus which protects windows registry

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvd

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Isn't there any antivirus based on AI. AVG and Norton antivirus detect viruses based on the entries in their databases. The main target of today's viruses is the windows registry. Isn't there any monitoring software that prompts the user when critical areas of the registry is accessed? Disabling AUTORUN is one solution but a minor one. If there is not any such utility, then we people at EDABOARD should start the development of such a software just like the development of FIREFOX.

Regards.

Antivirus

Actually you can find many software about protecting registry files.....you can google it.....most of antiviruses come with internet antivitus which contain a module for protecting registry files..I saw these modules in Kaspersky internet antivirus and Mcafee, so If you want that module such search for the internet version for your own antivirus.

Best Regards,

Antivirus

Well U can disable registry modification for eny user exept administrator, and those files modifying the ragistry aren't viruses but spyware and usualy they try and mod ie's preferences regarding the home page and search engine. Allso avast can detect malicious registry keys.

Re: Antivirus

You can google it, but I use Kaspersky and he is good for me in Micro$oft Windows, but I don't use any antivirus program in Linux!!! :idea:

Antivirus

The point of disabeling registry acess in ms window# is bad, most if not all programs need acess to the registry to function properly, The best way to protect your pc is a combination of goog practice (the most important thing), using an antivirus with an updated database, using an antispyware application, and if you're a more serios user an ids/ips (intrusion detection/intrusion protection system) system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back