Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antennas Softwares - link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Antennas Softwares

HFSS ansoft is the best one......

Antennas Softwares

i think HFSS is a good soft for ant 3-D structure simulation

For a general purpose antenna design, Ansoft's HFSS is good, but it requires a lot of RAM. CST studio is also very good, but it also requires a high performance computer. You can also try IE3D or SuperNEC. For reflector type antennas, try TICRA (grasp9). For antenna links and networks COBRA is pretty good. Hope this helped.

Antennas Softwares

could you please elaborate about the "a lot of RAM" of HFSS and "a high performance computer" of CST. My laptop 2.2GHz, 1Gb RAM, I'm wondering if it could stand with them!?

You can go ahead and install the software, your laptop looks fine with the configuration it hs

minhquan86 said:
could you please elaborate about the "a lot of RAM" of HFSS and "a high performance computer" of CST. My laptop 2.2GHz, 1Gb RAM, I'm wondering if it could stand with them!?

It depends on how large the structure you want to simulate actually.

You might need more ram and harddisk when your structure gets bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back