Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antenna simulation in ansoft hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

veerubiji

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
this is veera reddy. i have problem with ansoft HFSS.i am very new to this software can any body help me how to simulate dipole antenna.thanks in advance.
regards,
veera reddy

hi,
How to download a book from edaboard.

---------- Post added at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was at 14:50 ----------

Hi,
please can you give me any link to download hfss helpbook from edaboard.thanks in advannce.
regards,
veera reddy.

thank u very much.

---------- Post added at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

Hi,
i have to read and try this files if i have any doubts i will post it than u very much.
regards,
veera reddy.

hi,
i have doubt about diploe antenna simultion in HFSS tutorial.pdf, i attached that pdf below. can you explain variables like lambda,dip_rad,radiation_rad,gap_src.......like all parameters in page number 6.i cant understand please can u explain.
regards,
veera reddy.

Attachments

• HFSS_Tutorial.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 323

Hi,
i have a doubt in diploe antenna simulation meterial in HFSStutorial page number 6. i attached that tutorial below and i nedd some explation about how to caluculate and full names of page number six variables like lambda (i know) remaing variables radiation_rad,gap_src,dip_rad, like all variables.can you help me please.
regards,
veera reddy.

Attachments

• HFSS_Tutorial.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 210

hi
u can define material as copper or PEC for u antenna
dont use the method said in that book u can design too easier than that said
with version of HFSS u use?
that tutorial is related to HFSS 9
u can start with drawing 2 cylinder with a gap between them
then define a lump port between them and radiation box then u should u simulation and frequency
the length of cylinder landa/2 and thickness should .04 * landa

Hi,
thank you for replying,i understand that one and now i am desining dipole antenna with rectangulars not cylinder and i created one rectangle as dip1 and another one as duplicate of dip1 with 180 degrees, and i create one lumped port source in between these two dipole antennas but the problem is i cant unite those dipoles as single antenna with lumped source to create it as pec(perfect electric conductor). i am using HFSS9.2 and i attached my simulation files chek it once.problem is i simulate one antenna succesfully with help of supervisor but now i am trying same one but i am getting problem in unite those two (dip1 and duplicate of dip1)by using bulean function.i simulate one diploe bvr file is correct you can chek,(i cant unite in biji file)and now i have to simulate another dipole with sensor label you can see my project file in that you can observe two antennas in one tag label figure2, one is without sensor equiped and another is with sensor equiped to measure diffrent physical parameters.

Attachments

• P17_Differential RFID Sensor Design and Characterization.pdf
    878.4 KB · Views: 107

Hi,
sorry once againg posting i solved my problem as i mentioned above(select all and bollen and unite). but can u help me in the desiging of sensor label in one half of the radiating element. my antenna length is 170mm and width is 8mm so can u help in creating antenna positions in hfss.
regards,
veera reddy.

hi
u said u want dipole antenna and i thought u want wire antenna but the antenna in the paper u uploaded shown a microstrip antenna and they are too different
what is the sensor label ? what u want to design actually ?

Last edited:

Hi,
Thank you for replying,i want to design diploe antenna with addtional loop to create more inductive impedence. one antenna without sensor and another with resistive sensor and i need to caluculated required power diffrence at constant distance and impedence if both antennas.i explained clearly in the document i attached below you can see the antenna digrams. please help me in simulation of second antenna with sensor. sorry i attched two pdf files but one is opened another is not opened both having same matter.
regards,
veera reddy.

Attachments

• antenna.pdf
    24.9 KB · Views: 142
  • antenna.pdf
    84.9 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

hi
the antenna u define in PDF file with length of 170mm is look and wired antenna but that paper for RFID the antenna is microstrip kind of antenna and i think wired antenna is not useful for your applicants so which kind of these antennas u want ?
u can email me by :ferdows_j@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back