Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] antenna return loss measurement question

Status
Not open for further replies.

emresel

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear colleagues;
I am working on wifi and bluetooth boards. And try to measure antenna isolation between antennas.
I applied the proper coax cable to vector network analyzer (vna) and perform the calibration. Then connect the coax cables first to wlan antennas (2x2 system).
Result is seen as below;
FileName.jpg
Then remove one of the port cables and connect to Bluetooth antenna. Then result is seen in below figure (yellow bt antenna, purple wlan antenna);
FileNameu.jpg
Here my question, why wlan antenna return loss result is different from the first measurement? I was expecting to see a similiar purple graph as in the first figure.
I tried to use 2nd port as open, short and load (instead of connecting to bluetooth antenna), but result is same.
I can't comment on that and want to ask senior guys.

Any explanation?
Thanks

Antenna which not are under measurement must be properly terminated (50 Ohm).

Reactions: emresel

emresel

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.