Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

antenna- radiation pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

laseetha

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello ,
i want to plot 3D radaition pattern of array of antenna using matlab

will u help me?
thanx

Matlab is rich in three dimensional plotting functions. Take a look at plot3, mesh and surf. One of those will probably be useful.

laseetha

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
mesh and surf plots are helpful. but u shud specify the x and y axis.
the trend is to plot in U-V plane , not in x-y-z co-ordianate. in this case u=sinΘcosΦ and v=sinΘsinΦ and the amplitude will be in z direction... try it

laseetha

Just an additional thought. The plotting functions I suggested are all rectangular in nature while radiation patterns in reality are spherical.

I find the rectangular formats, both in 2D and 3D more useful to evaluate while polar or spherical formats are more consistent with our intuition but more difficult to analyze.

That is like the argument of about whether a RPN calculator is better than an algebraic entry one. (I like RPN hands down.) Use what is best for you and your application.

I was pleased to help.

laseetha

thank u Azulykit,
i think it is better to have 2D plots
thanks for ur suggestions
i still couldnt get an idea of 3D
no problem
thanks all

Have u capture the 3D data from measuremetn? You can build a 3D matrics in Matlab to plot the 3D graph

laseetha

Most pattern ranges collect measurements on a 2D basis. With careful attention to the alignmernt of the cuts one could create a 3D matrix describing the 4Π steradian pattern.

Automated ranges often provide this type of information but they are not numerous and certainly not inexpensive.

laseetha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back