Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antenna pattern calculation/plotting -- howto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheMan

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I have a question, let's say I've designed a patch antenna in ADS/Momentum and saved the 3d field pattern.

Is there any software which will allow me to see the field pattern generated by many of these patches in an arbitrary arrangement and orientation? Something for example where I could place different patches at (x,y,z) and define a (theta, phi) for each patch?

I would like to know the cumulative effect of the arrangement of patches in 3D.

Let me know if you guys know of something like this, it would save me a lot of work.

Thanks,

/Dan

you can use optimetrics of HFSS or CST microwave studio, in which you can see the field pattern of patches in arbitrary arrangement and orientation

DanTheMan said:
Hi I have a question, let's say I've designed a fix antenna in @DS/Momentum and saved the 3d field pattern.

Is there any software which will allow me to see the field pattern generated by many of these patches in an arbitrary arrangement and orientation? Something for example where I could place different patches at (x,y,z) and define a (theta, phi) for each fix?

I would like to know the cumulative effect of the arrangement of patches in 3D.

Let me know if you guys know of something like this, it would save me a lot of work.

Thanks,

/Dan

Hi, Dan!

In MWS:

Farfield plot-->Array-->Antenna array-->Properties-->Edit antenna list.

But don't forget that this method doesn't take in account mutual coupling between antennas.

Best regards,

eirp

hi,

You can use ansoft or agilent HFSS!

eecly

With MW studio you can duplicate your structure as many times as you want with perscribed length vector.

See Ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back