Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

antenna operating at 700MHZ, BW>100MHZ, HOW TO DO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arthritis

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
arthritis 700mhz

antenna operating at 700MHZ, BW>100MHZ, LOW PROFILE is preferred, half power pattern width should be more than 90 degrees, which type of antennas can be the best candidate???

well~~~it's another way to fulfill your request that using the microstrip antenna,however,it's different from conventional antenna. you know,microstrip antenna has narrow bandwidth. For spreading hte bandwidth,there're many ways to use,one way is using the air as dielectric substrate,it's very useful to enlarge the bandwidth. then using the EMC feeding,all of you requested can be done.

thank biff44 and darren_pan, I am planning to do it by PIFA, but 700MHZ will make the PIFA a little long, using branches makes it hard to match.

printing a log periodic should be a GOOD idea, i'll try it later.
Using microstrip antenna with air substrate may be a little complex, moreover, 15% bandwidth may a headache.

Added after 2 minutes:

MOREOVER, my CST and HFSS often get very different results for same structure. What can i do then???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back