Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antenna Measurement Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond_Eng

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Introducing the newest addition to the Diamond Engineering product line: the DAMS 6000 v5.0 Antenna Measurement System

Finally an affordable system capable of precise and advanced 3D measurement of antennas ranging in frequency from DC to 18 GHz. Using a USB interface, the included software simplifies and automates antenna measurement allowing basic plotting, 3D color coordinated patterns, and advanced calculations for the most demanding users. Backed by a 2 Year Warranty, Diamond Engineering represents not only quality you can see, but quality you can trust.

Why settle for anything less, when everything else costs so much more?

Order today and discover why the DAMS 6000 is the ultimate tool for antenna engineers. www.diamondeng.net/products/index.html

Platform Features:
- DC-18 GHz Frequency Range
- Precision 2 axis Movement
- Accuracy to 1/8 of a degree
- Non-Metallic platform
- Ideal for small test environments
- 360 Degrees Horizontal Rotation
- +/- 45 Degree Elevation Movement
- Standard USB/Serial Connection
- For Small to Medium Sized Antennas

Software
- Easy to use Interface
- Up to 801 frequencies
- Real Time Measurement Display
- GPIB Instrument Connection
- Data Import/Export Functions
- High Resolution 3D Plots
- Works with most Analyzers

Advanced Features
- Measurement array calculator
- Iso-Sphere Plots
- Spherical Plots
- Plot Overlays
- Amplitude and Polar Plots

As a representative of Diamond Engineering, I have full confidence in our product and will gladly answer any questions you may have. For more information or promotional discounts please contact me at lance@diamondeng.net

I have some questions.
First of all, does software allows the user to make calibration?
How do we take the cable loss, return loss into account?

Secondly, is this system suitable for planar, spherical or cylindircal scanning?

Regards

Diamond_Eng said:
Introducing the newest addition to the Diamond Engineering product line: the DAMS 6000 v5.0 Antenna Measurement System

Platform Features:
- DC-18 GHz Frequency Range----->not new
- Precision 2 axis Movement-------->Precision level??
- Accuracy to 1/8 of a degree--------> not good for high directivity
- Non-Metallic platform--------->Now a days all vendors provide
- Ideal for small test environments----->maybe
- 360 Degrees Horizontal Rotation------->What about feed mechanism? Roatating feed??
- +/- 45 Degree Elevation Movement--->what is that?
- For Small to Medium Sized Antennas-------->Up to 7.567 kg load??

Software
- Easy to use Interface
- Up to 801 frequencies
- High Resolution 3D Plots----------> How many plane of roatation is required for that???
- Works with most Analyzers -----which analyzer??

Advanced Features
- Measurement array calculator----->analytical?????
- Iso-Sphere Plots
- Spherical Plots------->3d????
- Plot Overlays
- Amplitude and Polar Plots------>not that advanced, every such setup have this feature.

As a representative of Diamond Engineering, I have full confidence in our product and will gladly answer any questions you may have. For more information or promotional discounts please contact me at lance(at)diamondeng.net

cakalhunter said:
I have some questions.
First of all, does software allows the user to make calibration?
How do we take the cable loss, return loss into account?

Secondly, is this system suitable for planar, spherical or cylindircal scanning?

Regards

Yes the software has a scalar calibration feature. The entire link or any portion thererof can be calibrated. Cable loss is taken into account either by the VNA calibration or the scalar calibration. Return loss is taken into account by repeating the measurement sequence with the VNA display set to S11 instead of S21 followed by using the array calculator to calculate S21/(1-S11^2).

Secondly, yes, the system is suitable for Az-El measurements from 0-n*360 by +/- 45 degrees in scan mode. The data can then be displayed or exported in spherical or polar plotting.

If you wish to make measurements relative to the calibrated source (e.g. a horn) the horn calibration data can be imported from a notepad file. The system will interpolate between frequency points.

In the following link is an application note from a spherical scan:
(17Mb--56k beware) www.diamondeng.net/dept1_slides/DAMs4.0_Isospheres.pdf

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Added after 1 hours 7 minutes:

g86 said:
Diamond_Eng said:
Platform Features:
- DC-18 GHz Frequency Range----->not new---->DAMS 7000 DC-60Ghz
- Precision 2 axis Movement-------->Precision level??---> 1/10 degree vert. control and 1/16 horizontal control with servo motor half-stepping and zero backlash.
- Accuracy to 1/8 of a degree--------> not good for high directivity
- Non-Metallic platform--------->Now a days all vendors provide---> But not all vendors provide elevation control.
- Ideal for small test environments----->maybe---> Can you elaborate on why it would not be ideal?
- 360 Degrees Horizontal Rotation------->What about feed mechanism? Roatating feed??----> Yes, a rotating joint that has been calibrated and is capable of signal to 60Ghz
- +/- 45 Degree Elevation Movement--->what is that?--->Up and down angle movement, 90 degrees total.
- For Small to Medium Sized Antennas-------->Up to 7.567 kg load??---> yes, up to 20lbs which is approximately 9.1 kg.

Software
- Easy to use Interface
- Up to 801 frequencies
- High Resolution 3D Plots----------> How many plane of roatation is required for that??? ---> as accurate as desired. Since the elevation control is based on a worm gear and micro-stepping servo motor, the user is capable of 1/10th or even 1/100th of a degree per plane(this requires some formula editing), resulting in accurate measurements in up to 9000 planes. If run at the highest degree of accuracy, it could take weeks or months to measure a single antenna, but it is all automated for the convenience of the user.
- Works with most Analyzers -----which analyzer?? ---> It is compatible with most brands. The software integrates into your system setup, but there are too many to list here. I'm not at my regular computer right now otherwise I could provide a complete list of manufacturers and model numbers.

Advanced Features
- Measurement array calculator----->analytical?????---> Yes.
- Iso-Sphere Plots
- Spherical Plots------->3d???? ----> Yes, and full color to allow for easier interpretation and better presentation.
- Plot Overlays
- Amplitude and Polar Plots------>not that advanced, every such setup have this feature. -----> If you are going to put down our system at least ensure that your grammar is correct. If you have any other gripes, please contact me via PM or keep it to yourself. I should have your post deleted, but it will stand as an example of your incompetance. It is disruptive to the community when people have quarrels over a public forum and I advise you to refrain from further posting unless you can contribute something of intellectual value to this thread. Thank you and have a nice day.

As a representative of Diamond Engineering, I have full confidence in our product and will gladly answer any questions you may have. For more information or promotional discounts please contact me at lance(at)diamondeng.net

Added after 2 hours 17 minutes:

About Us:

Diamond Engineering designs and manufactures Antenna Measurement Systems, Hardware and Software. With over 25 years in the Microwave/ RF Industry and utilizing state of the art technology and precision components we can deliver antenna measurement solutions that will rival the competition and suit almost any need or budget. Used by Universities, Small/Large companies, and Government Agencies around the world, our Products are backed by a full replacement/repair warranty along with premier technical support. Customer service is our #1 priority

Have a custom project or requirement? Let us know and one of our Engineers will work directly with you on a solution exclusive to your needs. Diamond Engineering also has a small in-house prototyping/machine shop for quick parts development and/or modifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.