Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

antenna for specific signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

blach100

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I would like to trigger an operation on my controller but only after receiving a very specific signal from other end, my question is: is it possible to design an antenna that only receives a specific signal?

I don't want to use the ADC on the controller, so I want it to be analog detection.

tuned antenna> tuned filter>pre-amp> peak detect >logic level,
... preamp> LO mix> IF filter> IF Aamp> RSSI detect>logic level.

Define f, Input/Output Thresholds, Ambient Noise & adjacent channel rejection criteria, hysteresis level from noise and latency for trigger and re-trigger and pulse stretch.

Then you can start...

receiving a very specific signal

What is specific about that signal?

You can design an antenna with filter + signal detection that is selective for a certain frequency.
If your signal shares the frequency range with other services (e.g. 2.4GHz range used by WLAN, Bluetooth and all sorts of license-free ISM devices) than it becomes more complicated.

The antenna is only part of a remote control receiver, there are also RF front end, possible IF signal processing, demodulator, a command decoder. Selectivity is mostly achieived by using unique codes, also RF frequency selection. The antenna is contributing to the frequency selection but usually with a lesser extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back