Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

antenna for 1GHz to 40GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

tender_006

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai all,

i need some suggestion regarding the antenna design, the frequency range is 1GHz to 40GHz. It is possible to design such broad band antenna. ???? plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me.

Hum
. Broad band is easy with this if you find the key word "wideband slot antenna" or "wide slot antenna" or "wideband antenna" in IEEE

hai thanks ,, i will check out that ,, meanwhile if u have any articals plz post them ..so u think it is possible a singal broad antenna (1-40GHz).

It is possible. I have a 2-40 GHz cavity backed spiral in my archives. I will look up the manufacturer tonight. I don't know if they are still in production but then that is not your question.

To bring the frequency down to 1 GHz the dimater would need to increase to about 4 to 5 inches (it is currently about 3 inches).

With some care one might be able to get an LPD to operate to the same bandwidth. I have fabricated LPD's operating into 20 GHz. Getting to 40 GHz would be a little dicey but may be practical. The low end is no problem. It just takes enough space.

A Vivaldi might also be possible but it would need careful analysis for the high frequency end. I would not reject this option out of hand.

hmmm ok thank you for u r help. i will wait for ur reply with .doc.

hi Azulykit
would you please upload the paper or any document about the 2-40 GHz antenna that you talk about it ?

jafargholi said:
hi Azulykit
would you please upload the paper or any document about the 2-40 GHz antenna that you talk about it ?
i need some materials like this too,hoping ur uploads

Several of you have asked about the spiral antenna I mentioned. It is hardware not a paper and was manufactured by AEL p/n ASM-1601

Take a look at this too:

integrated spiral antenna-detector device - Patent 4319248
Such a device is embodied in AEL Model ASM1601A also manufactured by American Electronic Laboratories, Inc. The horizontal bar 166 of graph 8, represents an ...
w*w.freepatentsonline.com/4319248.html -

I have responded to a variety of spiral questions recently. Look those over for additional information.

If you are looking for an antenna for this bandwidth and want to design it from scratch and LPD might be an easier path as there are fewer components to get right. My concern would be the higher frequency end. If you have not done it before just getting a connector to work at 40 GHz can be problematic.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back