Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antenna diode available for Digital circuit????

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundy161

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, I'm new here.... But I found that this forum is quite useful and all the people here are really good...... I hope I can learn more here......
I have a question, and hope somebody can help me to answer it.

I'm an IC layout engineer with only 1 year experience. My 'stupid' boss asked me a question. We have a mixed analog-digital layout project, and we're using Calibre to do verification. For DRC check, it shows antenna errors and is pointing to the digital part which is looking for the tie-down for gate.
But as I know, tie-down is only available for analog circuit. Now my question is why it is only for analog circuit, please?????

Please help me...... Thank you so much...:!::?::D

Yes,you can use Antenna diode to fix antenna violations,you can also change metal layer to fix antenna violation.

sundy,
i'm gafsos, I'm also engneer IC specially of analog Layout (design ANTIFUSE macrocell),
i can confirm that antenna diod check is also done for Digital design
let me know about ur work and experience:)
gafsos

Hi flyingjk & gafsos,

It's so glad to get your reply. Thank you so much.

Yeah, I understand that the tie-down is available with digital layout, but for our project, the digital layout is performed with automated tools, which means it is automated.
Could we still add tie-down in the automated layout? Or can we request the foundry to waive the errors?

PS: I'm still new to this IC layout field, still need to learn quite a lot of things. Our job is focusing on RF design.......
Our project is using IBM foundry, cmrf7sf technology.
Hope I can meet many good friends here. :D

yes u stil do it,

because u have to clean ur design, when u check DRC antenna (run calibrerun-gui) . u should add those diodes to protect , because in each design inputs must be protcted this is allows us to protect gate of MOS, when start BE (metal), u should find place for ur diodes.

hope that is helpful;)

gafsos (STM)

Hi gafsos,

So nice to get your reply, and it is helpful.......

In the future, I may still need your help regarding IC layout design.

Thanks again....

PS: Are you working in ST Mircon?? he he....

sundy161:D

Hi,

Yes I work in STMICROELECTRONICS, Grenoble (France) center,

and u ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back