Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

antenna design which can show the radiation pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahsa

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
does anyone know about a software for antenna design which can show the radiation pattern.

feko vs mmana

wat kind of antenna?

NEC-wire antenna design & Mstrip - ustrip antenna can show radiation patterns.

Commerical - C/$/T uwave studio, 1E3D and FEK0, An$oft HF$$, Designer just to name a few can show radiation patterns.

Element7k

fahsa said:
does anyone know about a software for antenna design which can show the radiation pattern.

Re: antenna design software

My requirement is for microwave antenna design like parabolic, horn, helical etc

Hi fahsa,

have a look at https://wipl-d.com.

I will use a MoM solver. - e.g. Feko. It is generally faster for your kind of problems.

Element7k

fahsa said:
My requirement is for microwave antenna design like parabolic, horn, helical etc

The free 4nec2 software available at the following site might be what you are looking for;
I believe it can also do the antennae types in which you are interested (look at the included examples in "patches" & "wlan" directories after install it).

https://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu/swindex.html

The site https://www.cebik.com/ provides alot of info on using nec2 type progs but not on all the antennae types you want.
8)

you may like to try supnec or winnec....very easy to use.

you can use nec-win pro

I suggest 4NEC2... I use it and the results provided are very cloes to reality.

Also for some antennas for the 2.4 Gig band.

Try it, it's free.

antenna design software

I have been using FEKO for the past 3 years and it works for me. Ive done patches, horns, helices etc. The latest suite includes a nice GUI in which you can create your antenna model. Go visit www.feko.info and have a look under applications/antenna placement.

Cheers
Rob

if you want run the antenna in high frequencies ,
the Ansoft HFSS is good for you.
It don't need to write codes , and easy to learn.

I still recommend IE3d. You can get a free trial version from:

www.zeeland.com

Best Regards

For 80% accuracy you can use PCAAD V5 (just 450$) if you need more accurate 3D design use CST (MWS)It more user friendly for 3D then Ansoft (HFSS)
For 2D printed antenna use ZELAND

PL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back