Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antenna Current Distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayerza

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Suppose that I have simulated a number of dipole antennas in SuperNEC, only one of which serves as a 1W transmitter. Is it possible to use the current distribution of the receiving antennas to calculate the received power?

If so how do I go about this?

Thanks
Slayer

No you can’t. The current distribution is proportional to the Reactive Near-Field. This is the region close to the antenna where the Electric-E and Magnetic-H fields are not orthogonal and where the antenna gain is not a meaningful parameter, so you can not use for a link budget calculation.

But, NEC uses the current and the voltage through the excitation segment to determine the impedance of the antenna. Thus if I use the current through the load of the receiving antenna I should be able to calculate the power delivered to the load and thus subsequently the power recieved by the antenna.

For the power calculations I would use Pr = real(0.5*abs(Ir)^2*Zl)
Where : Pr - Power recieved
Ir - Power in load segment
Zl - Impedance of the load

Why will this not work?

I think it will work iam trying to do near-by calculations not using NEC but MININEC small version of NEC, easy to use and you can find MININEC version 3 free on the net
it nearlythe same as NEC code but only for wire antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back