Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ansys Electronic Desktop (HFSS) file opening failed????

Status
Not open for further replies.

imtiaz369

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, during my worktime, my Windows crashed and restarted automatically. And then I can't read/open my most recent working project? Is it possible to open/read it?

It is very important to open this file.

I've attached a screenshot of the error.

Thank you in advance...

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    83 KB · Views: 268
  • 2.png
    2.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 275
  • 3.png
    3.png
    86.4 KB · Views: 282

With crashes it's common for whatever you're working on to get corrupted.
Can you change the file type so HFSS can import it as something other than an HFSS project?

Can you open the file with some other program? Hex editor? Text processor, word processor?
Examine the contents to see anything unusual. Corrupt data at the beginning of the file?
End of the file? Maybe the last line is incomplete, and deleting it might leave you with a usable project?

Can you check folders on your disk where Windows might have saved 'tmp' files periodically, namely versions of your HFSS project?

With crashes it's common for whatever you're working on to get corrupted.
Can you change the file type so HFSS can import it as something other than an HFSS project?

Can you open the file with some other program? Hex editor? Text processor, word processor?
Examine the contents to see anything unusual. Corrupt data at the beginning of the file?
End of the file? Maybe the last line is incomplete, and deleting it might leave you with a usable project?

Can you check folders on your disk where Windows might have saved 'tmp' files periodically, namely versions of your HFSS project?
Thank you for your reply. I solved it by removing the corrupted part.

Thank you for your reply. I solved it by removing the corrupted part.
Hello, I am facing the same problem as yours. My window crashed and now my file seems to be corrupted. I cannot open it anymore.

Can you share with me how to recover it?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.