Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ansoft SIwave 3 & Mentor Boardstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

marluukk

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Does anyone have experiences of exporting .ANF (Ansoft Neutral File) from Mentor Boardstation and Zuken?

I'm using daily Ansoft HFSS, Ansoft SIwave and Ansoft Q3D but export file from Mentor Boardstation and Zuken to SIwave is "impossible" because exported file include HUGE amount shortcuts etc. (See attached picture)

Our PWB designer has some ideas why Mentor and Zuken makes these shortcuts but they don't have a solution to this problem. I'm not only designer who need this Mentor and Zuken export and it takes a lot of time to check whole PWB...

So if anyone has some experiences of same kind problems and if someone has solved this please give possible solution. I'm very clad of solution instruction!

This is a guess only! Mentor BoardStation Layouter has a setup where you can set the roughness of the arcs when doing ground plane generation. If set to very fine, generation takes long time, but it may be worth trying. At least just to see how the Neutral file converter behaves...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back