Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ansoft HFSS - Designate an input waveport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelenko

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ansoft waveport

Hello,

I am a very new Ansoft HFSS user doing a project for an undergraduate physics class.

I am modeling a Magic Tee (**broken link removed**) a device with 4 wave ports, 2 of which are of interest for inputting waves.

I have created the object, and analyzed it successfully and am in the process of creating diagrams / plots for my report. I have encountered some difficulty in creating field overlays. When I create them they are all for the case in which the wave is inputted from the Sigma port (incidentaly the first wave port I created).

I am unsure of what option to change so that I can create overlays for waves inputted from the Delta waveport.

Thank you for your assistance :). Keep in mind I am a total newbie at this.

EDIT:

I was able to get the results I needed by creating a new copy of my project and redefining the wave port, starting with the one I wanted to be the input. There must be an easier way to do this I'm guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back