Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ansoft Designer SV help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstripman

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Iam using Ansoft Designer SV for MSA simulation. I have observed that the output depends to quite an extent on the parameter "lamba refinement factor". However the problem is that if I take this value high enough the no. of inknowns increase significantly exceeding the limit of 300 for SV. So can you tell me how to determine the optimim value of this parameter so as to give reasinably accurate answer and also to not increase the no. of unknwons significantly.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely
mstripman

mstripman said:
Hi All,
Iam using Ansoft Designer SV for MSA simulation. I have observed that the output depends to quite an extent on the parameter "lamba refinement factor". However the problem is that if I take this value high enough the no. of inknowns increase significantly exceeding the limit of 300 for SV. So can you tell me how to determine the optimim value of this parameter so as to give reasinably accurate answer and also to not increase the no. of unknwons significantly.

The lambda refinement factor sets the minimum number of mesh nodes per wavelength. The default of 12 is usually a good starting point. The minimum value I would use here is 10, but accuracy may begin to suffer while memory requirements and compute time will be reduced. To assure accuracy, run once at 12 and a second time at 15 and compare the S-parameter results. If they look the same, then 12 is OK for further simulations. If not, then compare 15 and 18 and so on until the results converge (to within an acceptable variation tolerance). In the full version of Designer, this process is automated (but optional) - in HFSS, it's built-in.

Alternately, with the SV memory limit maxed out, back off on the refinement factor until the simulation will run, and at that point it will be the best that the software can do...

Cheers,
eckypting

Does anybody have the Ansoft E-book (guide) that they can upload online.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back