Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ansoft Designer - Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcz3333

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ansoft designer download full

I am currently trying to simulate a small loop rfid receiver antenna on uhf for near field. I have never tried ansoft designer so i realli wish someone could help me to startup my simulation. for example what to choose for the layout technolody. besides, im trying to figure out how to check on the near field of my antenna. i need a lead.

loop in ansoft script

I wonder whether ansoft designer is used for antenna simulation. I heard it is only for circuit simulation.

how to use ansoft designer for antenna designs

really? i was told by my supervisor that we can only use ansoft designer. anyone can verify? i was thinking of using cst. but i totally hav no idea on how to use it. which is easier? anyone can gimme some opinion.

ansoft+designer+4.0+download

CST will be easy to learn for sure.
They have tutorials. SO it is easy to learn.

I think your supervisor wanted to tell CST or Ansoft HFSS & he might have said Ansoft designer.
My Supervisor do this kind of stuff may times. :)

ansoft designer ads download

If you want the truth , Ansoft designer is not good software , It could be used to simulate a simple structures only.

ansoft designer download

You can use ansoft designer for just patch antennas. if you wish to design patch antenna it is suitable(for just start point) But if you wish to design professional type antenna even patch or 3D structures, you need ansoft HFSS or other kinds. Maybe Your instructor advice it for free of use.(SV version)

ansoft designer 4 +download

I have been using Ansoft Designer SV for my designs.
Yes it is suitable only for simple patch antennas or other 2-D designs.
Also in 2-D only simple structures will be supported.

Layout technology has to be decided based on the dielectric constant that you need.

Only after designing your antenna structure setting up a simulation-setup & frequency sweep and analyzing, you can view the near field pattern.

microstrip patch antenna ansoft

Hi.. I would like to design microstrip patch antenna. From ur discussion i came to know that it is not possible with ansoft designer. The CST or HFSS is avilable for download. If so where i can download them

Added after 4 minutes:

I'm very new to antenna design.. i have been trying to get the software which could be used for simulating microstrip patch. From where i can download CST or HFSS. Provide me the links if possible. Also suggest some books for antennas (links0

hfss instructor

Seems like Ansoft Designer is not such a good choice afterall. But all I wanted to design is just a simple small loop receiver antenna tat works in near field.
One thing that I have been struggling on is how do I see the operating frequency for this small loop antenna? As i know the way to see the frequency is by looking at the return loss right? Please guide me. [/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back