Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

another op-amp question

Status
Not open for further replies.

orhanli1

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have a question i don't understand anything from this question

thanks for your helps friends

It's not complicated:

Go=K/(s*tau+1) is the formula for a first order lowpass with gain K.
This expression is used here to approximate the frequency-dependent opamp gain Go(s) by a first order function.
Thus: Vout=Go*Vdiff with Vdiff=Vp - Vn (differential input).

The bandwidth of the opamp with 100% feedback (unity follower) can be determined using the classical feedback formula
G=Go/(1+Go*Fr)
The feedback factor Fr in this case is "1".

i understand the question now but i have a new question.we have k and tau values but if i want to get Go value, ı should use s in formula.What value does s take.i know it is a domain not a value and should i transform it aything else?What is the purpose

Hi orhanli1,

here, the symbol s is nothing else than an abbreviation for jw. Thus s=jw=2*Pi*f.
Introduce Go into the expression for G and rearrange so that you get the same form as in the formula for G (that means: the constant in the denumerator is "1").
Then you can determine the new tau-value which is identical to 1/w.

yes i know that s=jw=2*pi*f but for it it is necessary to know f value right?

and do you use G for BW(Bandwidth) ?

---------- Post added at 07:36 ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 ----------

and w=2*pi*f or sw=2*pi*f

i think w=2*pi*f

The symbol G (overall gain) was defined by me yesterday.
I don`t know the meaning of "sw".

i want to ask if s=jw=2*pi*f in this quesiton what do i use for f value in this problem

Your task is to find the transfer function, right?
A function is an equation with one parameter that can assume different values. The frequency f is such a parameter.
Was this really your question?

the really question is above on the picture thats all

the really question is above on the picture thats all
OK, and I think, the question is answered now. Combine both formulas, rearrange as mentioned (denumerator has "1") and read the new time constant tau. Then the bandwidth is BW=1/(2*pi*tau).

Status
Not open for further replies.