Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ANGLIA IDEalist for STARM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM600

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
anglia idealist

HI,
i have just found that this is a FREE IDE for the GCC and GDB for the ST ARM based microcontrollers. If someone of you have used it, please tell me is it possible to use the Wiggler JTAG with it for downloading to flash and debugging from flash?

idealist anglia key

Have used it and for the price -- free, is very good.
Supports the wiggler interface for debugging and programming, they also include a wiggler interface with their own hardware board - columbus
www.anglia.com/columbus

They also have examples of Mass storage and CDC (Virtual Comm Port) which ST have not even done yet - but you have to request these.

Regards
NTfreak

anglia idealist key

Sorry for asking again but are you sure that it is possible to debug code that is in FLASH, as far as i remeber the Wiggler only supports debugging from RAM.... or maybe not :)
cheers

anglia idealist ide

Flash stepping/debugging is supported, with the usual limitation of two hardware breakpoints.

Regards
NTfreak

CM600

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back