Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Angle of Arrival AOA/DOA Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandoztorm

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all.

The MUSIC and ESPRIT algorithms are supposed to estimate the AOA of a signal. I would like to know which information I need in order to estimate the AOA. I think the only information that is needed is the signal and the elevation angle but I would like you to confirm this.

Another question, DOA is the azimuth angle? How can the elevation angle be estimated?

Thanks ind advance

DOA means Direction of arrival. In a planar array, DOA indicates both elevation and azimuth angle. But in a linear array, which is mostly the case, direction is estimated in a two dimensional plane, the angle can be either azimuth or elevation, whatever.

To estimate AOA/DOA, you need to know the received signals on each elements of the array.

Thanks philoman.

For example, when using MUSIC algo, it is required the steering vector and the impinging signals vector.
In the steering vector it is needed an angle...which angle is this?

angle in steering vector is angle of arrival which you suppose. So, MUSIC will estimate angle in practical

zandoztorm

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back