Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] Analog-voltage-control

Status
Not open for further replies.

hello123456

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybodies!
I have this problem. I have actually to build a computer based-controller which allows to control 10 analog outputs ports. The analog output ports voltage range is 0-30 V and the current consumption of each port is 20mA. So the overal output power consuption is equal to 6W. I would like also to find a simple and easy solution that let me control the ports voltage through matlab or one other specific program.
Do you have any suggestion how to procede? Would you advise one specific pc interface?
hjhj.jpg
p.s. I know that some microcontroller as arduino has PWM ports which allow to generate DC signal from a digital one. Then it would be enough to add the lpf and buffer to increase the voltage range and the current.

Thank you very much!

Actually 30v x 20mA is only 0.5 Watts.

As the power output is quite low, PWM is more trouble than its worth.
A simple amplifier and DAC as suggested above should work quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.