Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog to digital conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

varunme

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can we convert a toggling of 4.5 and 5 V to 0 and 5, as if like a digital signal ?

Optoisolator-Schematic.jpg

May help for studing as principe, of course as one way - Sine Wave To TTL Converter :
**broken link removed**

Last edited:

Can you please elaborate the question ??? Do you want to clamp 4.5V to 0V and retain5V to 5V ? Did I understood this correctly ?

Actually, i am having a sensor, if the sensor is activated then it goes 4.5V otherwise its 5V
so, what ever be possible, it will be helpful,
Then i can interface it with a uC ....

varunme said:
Actually, i am having a sensor, if the sensor is activated then it goes 4.5V otherwise its 5V
As far as I understood you need to read only 5V or 0V, right? This sounds like a level conversion, and not analog to digital. A comparator could be an option. Normally comarators should have hysteresis added to avoid swinging around an input voltage. Take a look to those references, they may be helpful.

Comparator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Reactions: varunme

varunme

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.