Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

analog mux. & selectable current

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffsher100

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

i got a part of job to design analog mux & variable current source with digital select.

the analog mux is about 32:1

can anyone have experience with both to share?
or, what paper can suggest me?

thank all.

Is the analog mux at all related to the variable current source w/ digital select?

What does the digital select need to accomplish? On/Off? or Current? or something else?

hi templemark,
sorry for your confusing,
my analog mux and variable current source are digital-selected by seperating group.

for current source, current type like: 4mA, 8mA, 16mA, 32mA(2-digital select, maybe 4mA as default)
for analog mux 32 to 1(5-digital select)

Ok for the Analog Mux:

You could use a Analog Mux Chip something similar to this:
ADG732
Digi-Key - ADG732BSUZ-ND (Manufacturer - ADG732BSUZ)

For the Digitally Controlled Current Source:
You could use a Digital-to-Analog Converter with Op-Amp feedback control providing the base voltage to a BJT as a current source.
See this: **broken link removed**
but replace zener diode reference with DAC.

Hi templemark,

thank for your replying.

because of starting to analog world, i need some information or technique document to let me reference and note.

Status
Not open for further replies.