Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"analog layout automation"

Status
Not open for further replies.

whizking

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have this work on analog layout automation...can anyone help me out

Hi whizking,

What kind of job do you have?

automation is implemented in digital layout, in analog is better if you draw your layout full-custom

It seems that one or more semiconductor companies in Japan have used some design automation techniques in the analog design, so as to reduce the product life cycle and some others. you may prepare some meta analog circuit block library and some layout modification tool to generate the layout with the specification met.

automatic analog layout is a topic since the 1980s. It never worked very well.

what you can at the most do, is to make parameterized cells & pass on the values of W & L as most of the time some standard concept are used for analog layouts like common centroid methos for matching or placing of dummy transistors on side to avoid over etching of poly stc.

analog design automation is not accomplished yet. as far as i know the optimiser was released but performance was poor. nec-not numerical electromagnetic code-has bipolar analog libraly. performance is so so.

There are a lot of issues for analog automation!
It is better to have manual layout for analog part!

I think it's quite crucial to implement automation for analog part!
Recently, technology are becoming smaller and smaller...
Very hard to make sure the analog automation can cope with the new technology!

That's my opinion... :D

analog physical synthesis is a hot field in ee industry today, several companies like neolinear and barcelona design are developing analog synthesis tools from scematics to layout generation!

BEST!

hxxp://www.cadence.com/company/newsroom/press_releases/pr.aspx?xml=040604_neolinear

hxxp://www.cadence.com/company/newsroom/features/feature.aspx?xml=neolinear

BEST!

You should try neocell(cadence) analog layout methodolgy. Very good. I just try it. Really cool. 2 thumbs up!!!!!!

What is the difference between IC-Craftman and NeoCell ?
Which one is better ?

well, I am not sure about IC-Craftman, but what Neocell provide is more than enough for the analog automation. Could you give an information for IC-Craftman?

I used cadence's neocell!

analog layout automatic is not good ! maybe the result of automatic can`t be use

hi zx2051,
did you try neocell before? I would say, now analog layout can be automated with neocell. Previously yes, automated analog layout not good. I agree that. But not with neocell.

Does Neocell have a Linux version ???

HI OKGUY,
yes, it does. In fact when cadence people come for demo, they were using linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back