Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog for controlling DC Motor using PIC16F877A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohibor

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My project is a ball on beam balancing. Which in this project the motor is mounted at the middle of the beam. A small ball will be put on the beam and it will roll on the beam, and by using a GP2D12 analog distance sensor(detection range=4cm to 80cm), the ball will be balanced in the middle of the beam.

I am using a DC motor for controlling the movement of the beam. The microcontroller I use is a PIC16F877A, and I use LM293D for the DC motor driver.

Anyone know how to program it? I've been stuck in the programming for 2 weeks now.

Thank you.

Your program depends on your control system design. I would suggest that you need to first analysis the system and then design (dynamic model) it properly then implement it module wise

Here some suggestions

1. Distance measuring module
2. Dynamic Model (Core part)
3. Motor controlling module so on

Core part - can be either PID or Fuzzy Logic or simple

Here some papers for literature
https://www.asee.org/documents/zones/zone1/2008/professional/ASEE12008_0012_paper.pdf

ball on beam balancing - Google Search
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back