Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog & Digital Communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

graciousparul

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

What is the difference between the Analog communication and Digital Communication ?

Please its request not to mention the basic difference ( i.e related to cost and Complexity)?

Hi,
U'r question is a bit vague. r u interested in knowing the advantages and disadvantages or u want the definition?Any how... Analog commns.transmits and receives modulated signals that are analog in nature and containing analog information whereas Digital commns.transmits and receives modulated signals that contain digital data.
The main advantage of digital commns is noise immunity and improved signal to noise ratio compared to analog commns systems.
Hope u got my answer.
Regards
Bhanumurthy.

Don't know how much you know about electronics. If you know a lot then my answer is stupid, but anyway:
Digital comms make use binary data(1 or 0), where there is two voltage levels and the highest voltage represents a 1 and the lowest represents a 0. Different protocols represent different voltage levels etc.
Different protocols could be UART, RS232, SPI, IIC and lots more. 8 bits(1 or 0) represent a character.

Analog comms make use of the phase or amplitude of a signal and different types is AM, FM etc.

Feel free to correct me if I got something wrong. :)

digital communication can be implemented using advanced DSP and channel impairment is easily removed applying performance improving technique. the cost of digital communication is less than analog.

the very basic different is modulation schemes,
anyways u can see book "data communication and networking by Forouzan" ch # 4 and 5 of 4th edition,it will tell u with out involvment of ambegious mathematics

Status
Not open for further replies.