Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog design with FPAA? Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdo48

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!
FPAAs from Anadigm or Zetex are now available for to implement analog circuits. I'm wondering wether they meet the expectations: precision, noise, etc. Has anybody tried those devices and compared the results with the same circuit implemented with discrete components? Conclusions?
Thx.

Hello tdo48,
I didn't try but you are right,for example anadigm's FPAA is not well in terms of frequency and i think is usefull for low frequency application.

In the early 90's there were lot of people developing "seas of transistors" to simplify analog design. There were some that worked well from the point of view of time to market and configurability but they were expensive and always lacked from performance

Status
Not open for further replies.