Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

analog design environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtech84

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

I am using ic5141 version of cadence, strange problem has ocurred,

when i simulate my analog design using tools->analog design environment, it takes a hell of 15mins to load the analog design environment window. its really annoying....

please help... is there any patch or bash script modification to make it load faster , i mean as normal....

thanks & regards
mtech84

to delete cadence lock files

find ~ -name "*.cdslck" -exec rm -f {} \;

thanks for the reply....but it did not help me out.....

here is what i mean..

1. open any schematic from library manager.

2. go to tools menu -> click analog design environment.

3. the analog design environment window should open now, which takes around 15-20 mins to open..... which was not the case earlier. it use to open in 3-4 secs.

i knew the solution for this but i forgot over the time... because it was working fine..and i recollect that i did something in the .bashrc or added some small script file which solved the problem.

type ptree <pid> where <pid> is the process which stalls when you open ADE (probably icfb). you will see a list of processes related to <pid> and possibly narrow it down to which one is causing problems. how to solve the problem will depend on which process it is, i suppose.

mtech84 said:
hi all,

I am using ic5141 version of cadence, strange problem has ocurred,

when i simulate my analog design using tools->analog design environment, it takes a hell of 15mins to load the analog design environment window. its really annoying....

please help... is there any patch or bash script modification to make it load faster , i mean as normal....

thanks & regards
mtech84
May be it's a license pb? Try
% lmstat -a -c $CDS_LIC_FILE | grep ANALOG_DESIGN_ENVIRONMENT_
... to find out if there are free licenses for ADE

Hi mtech84,
Have you tried looking into your .simrc file ?

Status
Not open for further replies.