Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

analog circuit generating powers of a value

Status
Not open for further replies.

preethi19

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi is there any analog cmos circuit that generates say 2 to the power of... Or like 3 to the power of any value. Not looking for a squarer but like to use any independent power value. not looking for exponential function either. Like something generating 4^5.... Its like i should be able to choose any base value and have it fixed say for eg 4 and vary the exponent from certain range.. Pls help.. Thank you!!!

If you wanted 1/e to the power of x... then you can use the capacitor discharge curve. Or rather, a mirror image of it.

The capacitor discharge curve is time related. Vnow= Vstart x (1/e)^t.
This probably does not suit your purpose.

---------------------------------------------------

Or possibly a diode junction response. There may be a portion of the diode curve (V versus A), that resembles what you are looking for.

However I once tried to match my real data to an equation, and the best I could find was A= (V x 1.25) ^ 20. It is not the type of equation you want. Mine is a y=x^20 type equation.

You are looking for y=2^x, or y=3^x.

Probably a single circuit by itself will not do it. But several cascaded circuits would. Like Log-Multiplier-Antilog.
That is how analog computers worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.