Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog Circuit for Rotary encoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanoman

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I want to present to you My analog cuircuit design to build a rotary encoder system i think very helfull for hobbysts, it's possible to hack many things without using a microcotroller or an arduino, this is my video. enjoy yourself !

And My schematic:

7209813200_1428951083.png

Nice, but I do not see how you make an analog voltage proportional to pulse count.
Have you heard of Selsyn?
Otherwise the simplest rotary angle to voltage converter is a potentiometer. completely analog device.

thanks you for your responce, pulses are generated by Transistor T 7 every sycle, my circuit is based on a special design fli-flop system associate to Transistor T7 disigned to timing the lighting of the LED's.
for more details:

https://hackaday.io/project/5164-democracy-for-rotary

I never heard about selsyn, but i see some information about the system, it's very intresting it's an old technology.

Of cource i know potentiometers, but my system is designed to hack every devise have two buttons to ajust volume or frequency or Rc control without using microcotroller, thank you

Hi everyone, this is my assembled circuit board, it works very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back