Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
I think friends took about these!
but if you want to know which softwares you should learn to become a skiled IC-designer;
I must say that first, it's better to sepecify your interest whether in Digital or Alanog!
since I'm alanog, I suggest to learn all device-, circuit- and system-level well-known softwares,
for device-level and physical layout, Cadence is the best choice.
also to start circuit simulation, Spice and Orcad are the bests!
you can also learn MATLAB to system-level design (need for designing hi-tech circuits such as data converters, control-system equipments, etc
Cadence Analog Design Environment for IC 5.0
ADS 2005A for microwave design, system level design
or Ansoft Designer, AWR Analog Office/Microwave Office/Vss
and maybe some MATLAB/Symulink, Mathcad, Maple for some calculations
APLAC(there is a free version for students) is a nice HB simulator
Ansoft Serenade, Symphony (it's a little bit old, but still good,it has a free version)
Orcad/PSPICE (has a student version)
Winspice (free, www.cmosedu.com, Baker uses it)
Generally the following tools are used for Analog design..
2.Ic station fro Mentor.
Amog above IC station is vgud....
In my opinion IC STATION is very good than Virtuoso in many cases..
1. In Virtuoso we ve to include the model file library during each simulation for the same design...but in IC Station for 1 design its sufficient to include the path only once..
2. In Virtuoso there r some constraints in chosing aspect ratio of MOS..but in IC Station there is no restiction...
3. IC Station is easy to understand than Virtuoso..
4. while doing simulation in Virtuoso we ve to include the delay for signal to avoid the fatal error....its not the case with IC Station.
5. In IC station from the log file we can find region of operation,all MOS parameters...whatever u need.........its not possible vit Virtuoso i think..
6. also in IC Station we can vary aspect ratio..any qty w/o much difficult..as in Virtuoso....
Acc to me Ic station is vgud than Virtuoso...........