Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

An idea to design for IOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjackq

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello i am looking on a small project to work on iot any ideas to what do you, like some of my friends did security alarm, some did a clock and timer with graph. i want anything easy but good to explain about and good to show.. please help .

Hi,

million ideas. Did you do an internet search? There must be a huge ammount of applications.

I guess we can´t help much, mainly just give the same recommendations that can be found in the internet already.

One point is that you don´t give much information.

IOT is such a wide range. I recommend to limit it somehow. Give a target..
Project, can be a theoretical study, a hardware , a software a complete network..You should at least tell what area you want.
Often there is arduino hardware involved, or the ESPxxx hardware...ory anything else. Give your idea.
What internet access? wired, wireless? internet pages (HTML) on your project or on a remote server?
Analog measurement, digital measurement, control loops, camera systems, speech recognition....tell us your ideas.

And why do you want to do this? For your own usage, for a school project...

Cost, timeline, ...?

Klaus

Hello i am looking on a small project to work on iot any ideas to what do you, like some of my friends did security alarm, some did a clock and timer with graph. i want anything easy but good to explain about and good to show.. please help .
Hi.you can use Nodemcu and DHT22 an simple fan to control the humidity and temperature.you can also thinker.io as cloud.

Here's an idea: a spoken reminder that we left something cooking on the stove. It's easy for us to walk away and forget. So command appliances to transmit a reminder saying "Stove is on" every 5 minutes. Or:
* oven cooking
* iron plugged in
* garage door open
Etc.

Hi ,
If you trying to implement something related with IoT , there is nothing better to interface the electronics with the cloud .

I suggest use the power of ESP8266 or ESP32 and power of cloud to make some intelligent hardware not pseudo IoT ;).
Few ideas , you can use
- AWS Rekognition API's
-Firebase
and implement face recognition hardware without using any actual image processing also you can use the reay to go Maachine learning model provided by the AWS .

Hope it helps !
With regards
Hasgle

Hey i have suggestion for you .You should try project HOME AUTOMATION SYSTEM .This is a very hot topic in iot now.

There millions of ideas that are desperately waiting to breathe air.

My personal favorite is a kitchen and other domestic equipment alarm.
It would be ideal to set an alarm for kitchen counters, microwave ovens, and barbecues. While making food, many people may act erratically. They may leave the stove on and go about their daily activity. The trigger attached to the stove should turn off the flame if the cooking pot reaches a predefined temperature or if the pot accidentally catches fire.
I'd also like the trigger to be connected to the ELCB so that if the pot burns, the EB connection is cut off.
It would be beneficial to a middle-class family if it could be manufactured at a low cost.

Solar powered remote garden drip watering control -

1) Turn on for some time.
2) Turn off after timeout or moisture sensor in soil
3) Relay or MOSFET to open / close valve
4) LiON battery used for power. Charged by solar LiON charge circuit
5) Flashing LED so can be seen from a distance when watering
6) ESP8266 or ESP32 based

More advanced -

1) Display on PC or Android watering status, time, soil moisture,
solar stats, battery state.
2) Measure plant growth over days.

Regards, Dana.

There millions of ideas that are desperately waiting to breathe air.

My personal favorite is a kitchen and other domestic equipment alarm.
It would be ideal to set an alarm for kitchen counters, microwave ovens, and barbecues. While making food, many people may act erratically. They may leave the stove on and go about their daily activity. The trigger attached to the stove should turn off the flame if the cooking pot reaches a predefined temperature or if the pot accidentally catches fire.
I'd also like the trigger to be connected to the ELCB so that if the pot burns, the EB connection is cut off.
It would be beneficial to a middle-class family if it could be manufactured at a low cost.
There are a variety of fascinating ways that the Internet of Things and machine learning are being used behind the scenes to influence our daily lives. There are also plenty of other real-world applications that could be found.
Have you completed any projects?
I am eager to know about your progress.

IoT and AI applications in our life make it easier for users to locate and communicate with friends and business associates. You probably already know how useful IoT is in your daily life, thanks to linked home hubs, smart thermostats, remote door locks, and a variety of app-controlled gadgets. The list goes on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back