Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

An ICD2 Clone that doesnt want to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas Scoppio

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
icd2 clone

Hello guys.

Ive made and ICD2 Clone (PiCS - REV B) but im having troubles with it.

I plug it in the computer and it does not warn nor do anything, the USB led does not turns on.

The voltages are ok, all MCU's are receiving 5V, the Vpp is 13V, the connections seens to be ok (I've verified it a few times), all the fuses in both MCU's are correct (MCLR disabled in 18F4550), I reprogramed'em a few times to make sure and verified the fuses every pre-programation. All seens to be fine but still it does not even show the USB led's on!

Any tips on that?

icd clone 4550 driver

add pull-up R to MCLR
or
disable MCLR in Configuration bits

icd2 unknown

still nothing...

- Fuses are all fine - checked and re-checked
- 10k Ω on MCLR on 18F4550 connecting to Vcc +5V.
- all trails are tinned

The USB led still off...

pro icd2 clone power connection

no... the POWER-led is the USB power, the USB led is activated by a pin in the 18F4550, but actually its not working, the 18F4550 does not turns on at all.

I have 5,1V on all the system coming out of the USB, and 13,2V in the Vpp.

icd2 clone fuses

Buy real ICD

icd2 clone 4550 - pics

add capacity between 5V and GND of 4550

icd2 clone usb fuses

@Dave

The "real" ICD2 cost nearly US$180,00 in my country, and even if I buy from international retaillers, the alfandegary taxes can rise up even more the price (+ 87% of the value+shipment)

@Kejian2000

I'll try that and see what happens... I'll also make a new board.

how to correct work 18f4550 icd2

Hi Lucas

Take a look here :

there is a link to a .HEX fo 4550 wich disable MCLR. Thanks it, my USB White LED is shinne ;)

But, my computer don't recognize my ICD2 Clone (unknown peripherial) :( If someone have an idea about this.....

icd2 clone does not work

Lucas Scoppio said:
Hello guys.

Ive made and ICD2 Clone (PiCS - REV B) but im having troubles with it.

I plug it in the computer and it does not warn nor do anything, the USB led does not turns on.

The voltages are ok, all MCU's are receiving 5V, the Vpp is 13V, the connections seens to be ok (I've verified it a few times), all the fuses in both MCU's are correct (MCLR disabled in 18F4550), I reprogramed'em a few times to make sure and verified the fuses every pre-programation. All seens to be fine but still it does not even show the USB led's on!

Any tips on that?

Just check the D1 and D2 connections from the USB to 18F4550. If these are inter changed, nothing will be detected despite gettiing the power OK. Good luck.

icd2 clone 4550 configuration bit

they are not traded... ive done the a new board, now the computer see the ICD2 when its plugged in, but the USB led doesnt turn on, only some time after, some times it never goes on at all, and then when it tries to install the driver for ICD2 it dont install correctly, and I try to make connection via mplab and it try and try to make connection but cannot stabilish it

icd2 clone 4550

Lucas Scoppio
Look for the crystal and the coupling capacitors. There are some chances the new crystal doesnt oscillate. And too confirm the firmware is ok by using the chip in any other working ICD. Good luck.

the Clock out shows the 20MHz clock...

I'll see if I can use in another ICD.

Has anybody an Invalid Target Device error with ICD2 Clone & MPLAB ? Because I don't know where this error come from :(

thanks for your help ;)

try running it on an older version of MPLAB.

hock

thanks for your response. I've try with MPLAB 7.60 (instead 8.20) and it's still the same thing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back