Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

an elementary question about transistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilheart

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys ,
i have an elementary question about transistor ,
how can i know the bandwidth of the transistor ?
in the data sheet i just found "transition frequency" which didn't have a MAX value , or it is just the inverse of the "storage delay time" tsd?

Last edited:

What is the part# of the transistor?

Last edited:

Rise time is not instantaneous in semiconductor materials which leads to phenomena described as various parameters such as switching speed, slew rate, bandwidth, gain bandwidth product (GBW), etc. This article includes a definition as used in amplifiers: Amplifier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Looking at the first datasheet to show up on digikey search for BJT transistor.....

On this datasheet I see a chart labeled 'Current Gain vs Frequency' . This is where you can get your bandwidth spec which is defined as the -3db point.

Status
Not open for further replies.