Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

an asynchronous multiplier!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_phoenix

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey guys...

well...i've finally begun work on my asynchronous ALU...while add/sub seems sorted out for now...i need some help as to how to begin with a multiplier...i dont plan to integrate a divide unit.

Also, while there r ieas to directly build an async add/sub systtem...i recently cam across this idea of using a normal combinational block for add/sub but reintegrate with other blocks using HANDSHAKE signla....wht do u guys think abt it....plz elaborate with reasons to help me take a decision either way!!!

cheers

I am not sure why do you need asyn multiplier for?
1. Async multiplier will slow down your performance.
2. Most of the FPGA already have them embedded
3. It will take significanct amount of resources

Please elaborate

well....i mean....normally in async systems...the whole adder or multiplier can be built as an asycn system....but also...we can use the blocks for each operation and then maybe use Hand shaking signals to pass on the results ...i mean communicate.

u cud chk any literature on async systems and see how they r diff from normal clocked systems(sync systems)

i guess u wud then better understand my problem....thx for the interest anywy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back