Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

An advice about glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

OvErFlO

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a FPGA Xilinx that generate a 20 Mhz clock (sclk) for drive a DAC, now when I trasmit serial data (sdata) from controller to DAC, DAC acquire serial datas on falling edge and on rising edge I observe glitch (I have see on modelsim simulation), the question is :

If I receive a glitch on rising edge, it's possible that my signal on falling edge can't obtain VIL or VOH to identify a 0 or a 1 ???

What can I do to avoid this ?

thanks

did you see glitch on the "real" hardware?

Hi,

First am not clear with the q i will reply with wat i undersatood.

glitches result when there is race condition or skew but on thing dude glitch can trigger the circuit and can take it on a metasatble state ride..

so it would be helpful if u get to root of the prob or explain i will try..

regards

A glitch is detrimental if it's on a clocking signal, as that can create an extra, unwanted clock period.

If it's on a "data" signal, it will be ignored if it occurs after the capturing clock edge, and it is stable long enough (satisfies setup time) before the next capturing clock edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back