Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AMS .35 HV process Layout Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I am working on the layout of my circuit and I am having a problem which I am not able to resolve, can you please help me out.

When I run DRC I get the below mentioned error though the gate terminals are connected to a pin.
[1] ERCWarning: floating gate not connected to s/d, pad, pin or resistor.

To reproduce this problem, i have taken a trasistor and connected pins to all the terminals of the device. At the gate terminal, I connected a poly to M1 contact, then VIA1, M2 Track and M2 pin (images attached for you reference). I have checked it throughly but I am not to resolve this problem. Can you please help me out.

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Best Regards,
M.

Attachments

• FloatingGateError_closeView.png
    FloatingGateError_closeView.png
    130.1 KB · Views: 227
  • FloatingGateError1.png
    FloatingGateError1.png
    117.8 KB · Views: 214

hi mvj
if LVS is clean I would not bother with an ERC issue flagged by DRC, chances are that it is miscoded

... error though the gate terminals are connected to a pin.
[1] ERCWarning: floating gate not connected to s/d, pad, pin or resistor.
At the gate terminal, I connected a poly to M1 contact, then VIA1, M2 Track and M2 pin ...

Did you also use the MET2 pin layer?

Did you also use the MET2 pin layer?

I don't know about Assura but for Calibre the port stamping layer is PIN:metal2 (abbreviated PIN:M2 in LSW) not MET2:pin; for example the latter is not exported to gds...

Hi,
Your prb is an ERC and not a DRC probkem.

I got the problem resolved.

I placed a pin ( ctrl + p). This is ok for DIVA and not for Assura. In Assura a layer of type PIN:M2 should be placed as mentioned by dgnani.

Thank you for your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back