Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

amplitude modulation wave-type

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayanthyk192

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

In amplitude modulation,the signal m(t) is modulated over the carrier to get packets .but insted why dont we simple do s(t)=Ac*cos(wt)+m(t) to get the other wave shown,all we need a high freq. carrier and this does the job.please tell me why is not used.

one.JPG two.JPG

thank you.

Hi,

In the first case, the resultng signal is not appropriate for transmission. The spectrum has a line at the carrier frequency plus the baseband spectrum of m(t).
So, if you try to transmit it by a passband channel (e.g. radio), only the carrier passes. The signal m(t) is lost.
It does not do the job.
The second fugure is not DSB-SB but standard AM.
Regards

Z

Your second figure looks like a double sideband suppressed carrier, but interestingly your formula for it is a combination of frequency modulation and an additional carrier.
Frank

Not exactly,the percentage modulation was high.if you look closely there is still a carrier component available.

Hi,

In the first case, the resultng signal is not appropriate for transmission. The spectrum has a line at the carrier frequency plus the baseband spectrum of m(t).
So, if you try to transmit it by a passband channel (e.g. radio), only the carrier passes. The signal m(t) is lost.
It does not do the job.
The second fugure is not DSB-SB but standard AM.
Regards

Z

I think i get you point. 1.JPG .this is the frequency spectrum.as you said,if a passband is used then m(f) is lost and using a pass band allows lesser bandwidth.

thank you.

OT: Your program looks nice and interesting. Is it free?

Thank you

Kerim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back