Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplitude Modulation of a RF carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRIDIP

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
A RF carrier of 10 kv at 1 Mhz is amplitude modulated by a 1 kHz signal of 6 kv peak.The modulation pattern is observed on a CRO calibreted suitably.What is the voltage indicated in the scope & how?

Re: Amplitude Modulation

The modulation percentage is given by the ratio of modulating/carrier peak amplitudes: m = M/C.
In your application M = 6 kV and C = 10 kV => m = 60% hence on the scope you will observe the 1 MHz modulated carrier with a variation of 60% above and below its unmodulated value (e.g. given 1 V the observed unmodulated amplitude, you will measure peak value variations of the modulated signal in the range 1.6V and 0.4 V).
The voltage scale on the scope depends by the attenuation you place before scope input (I think that you won't apply directly the 10 kV signal to the input to avoid damages).

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards
Mowgli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back