Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Amplify input signal using any transistor design to desired output signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevak112

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have one input signal whose common mode value is 0.5 volt and swing of 500mv. Output signal needs to be common mode signal of 0.9 volt with any swing more than 0.5.Use any transistor design??How I can implement this??

Do you want to implement this in your own IC? (This is the Analog IC Design & Layout forum). Or with an off-the-shelf OpAmp? Or with a simple transistor circuit? Pls. give additional info! Also about bandWidth, generator & output resistance.

Do you want to implement this in your own IC? (This is the Analog IC Design & Layout forum). Or with an off-the-shelf OpAmp? Or with a simple transistor circuit? Pls. give additional info! Also about bandWidth, generator & output resistance.

I just want to implement transistor level design.bandwidth and output resistance don't matter.Just need output signal with level shifting and with same or more swing .Thank you for your response.

All you need is a p source follower with a Vt around 400mV, your gain will be 1 provided you avoid body effect and design so that gm dominates over all other conductances

As an alternative if you want to make your life difficult you can use a fully differential amplifier with a common mode reference of 900mV

All you need is a p source follower with a Vt around 400mV, your gain will be 1 provided you avoid body effect and design so that gm dominates over all other conductances

As an alternative if you want to make your life difficult you can use a fully differential amplifier with a common mode reference of 900mV

I think it's perfect.I got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back